Imagine a salad but with no leafy greens. Imagine a salad, that is rich and creamy and sweet and beyond satisfying. Now imagine a shaved zucchini salad with goat cheese, apricots, and za’atar. This recipe is quick and easy to make and will impress your next date, for sure. The za’atar adds a new dimension and makes it extra interesting. You can buy za’atar at any Arab or Turkish grocery store or online.
This zucchini salad recipe is so easy it doesn’t require any cooking skills because there is no cooking involved. Just some cutting. You do need a mandoline for the shaved zucchini, tho. If a mandoline scares you or if you don’t have one, you can use a peeler instead.
Shaved Zucchini Salad With Goat Cheese, Apricots, and Za’atar
- 2 green zucchini shaved lengthwise
- 1 yellow zucchini Shaved lengthwise. Usually those are bigger so you might want cut it in half.
- 2-3 apricots sliced
- 2 dried apricots diced small
- a few mint leaves
- Pinch of za'atar
- 60 g soft goat cheese You could also go with something stronger, but remove the rind so it doesn't overpower everything.
- 15 g Dijon mustard
- 20 g whole grain mustard
- 50 g lemon juice+ zest about 2 lemons
- 90 g olive oil
- Blitz together the mustard, lemon, 30g goat cheese, salt, and olive oil to a smooth creamy dressing.
- Carefully dress the zucchini and the dried apricot, let it marinate 5 minutes.
- Arrange on a plate: add apricot slices, mint leaves. Crumble 30g of goat cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of za'atar.